Monday, August 24, 2026

Living with Chronic Sinus Issues: Tracking Symptoms, Treatments, and Hope for Answers

If you regularly read the blog or are a friend in real life, you know I've been struggling with sinus issues since the beginning of this year.  After 23 years in a building, I began getting ill within an hour of arriving.  After a week of vacation and feeling well, I decided to document, document, and document!

A couple weeks ago, I got a cold from my husband.  Unfortunately, since that time, my compromised right sinus has been clogged then draining.  On top of it, I've started getting headaches within the last week.  

I recently shared at my women's AA meeting that I came to AA because I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.  Here I am at 11 years sober feeling sick & tired but at least it isn't from drinking.

The appointment with the ENT in September feels years away although I'm sure it will be here before I know it.  I am praying that she will be able to use the CBCT scans from my dentist and any other tests she wishes to run to find a treatment.

I'm trying to advocate and protect my health while still performing my paid job and doing things I enjoy with people that I enjoy.


I have made a few changes in the last week:

I switched from Advil to Tylenol and delay taking the Tylenol until I absolutely have to.  I've been taking 4 caplets a day since I started this a few days ago.

I bought a Nasal Fresh Sinus cleaning device.  I have experimented with the best time of day to use and midday seems to work.  Do know that the images on the Amazon product page are enhanced and your mucus doesn't show up bright green; at least mine hasn't.  

I bought Badger Balm Headache Soother to help extend the time where I need to take Tylenol.  This comes in a stick and is easy to apply and the scent is not overly strong.  The package said to apply anywhere you feel tense.  With a couple of work days I had last week, I would have needed a full body applicator!

I tried a pillow that my husband had bought which has been laying in our TV room for months.  The first night was great, the second night OK, and the third night had me changing back to my regular pillow. It was actually giving me a headache on the third night after I'd taken an evening dose of Tylenol with the hope of getting a good night's sleep.

I am documenting all of these things in the spreadsheet I've been keeping since March.  I will use Copilot to help me create a summary to take to my ENT appointment in September. I already provided the CBCT scan report and images to the ENT office which shares clinical space with the allergist that I saw in early August.  

I appreciate all of you who have been following along on this journey.

Resources:

Scripture image from YouVersion


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. Disrespectful comments will be removed.

Living with Chronic Sinus Issues: Tracking Symptoms, Treatments, and Hope for Answers

If you regularly read the blog or are a friend in real life, you know I've been struggling with sinus issues since the beginning of this...