I shared on socials that our yard was a mess with tree branches, leaves, and lots of weeds in our flowerbeds but I quickly said I'm blessed that's all we had to deal with. Friends, loved ones, and strangers around Ohio have experienced storm damage and flooding. It's Sunday and the thunder has been rumbling again. I turned off my alarm and allowed myself to get some extra sleep instead of going to my women's AA meeting. I enjoyed a slow morning of water, coffee, and peanut butter toast with reading and coloring after prayer. I did go outside and removed weeds from the front flower beds and picked up branches from the back yard.
After returning home from the National Scout Jamboree, my husband Jon got hit with a bad head cold. He unintentionally shared it with me. While the worst of it has passed, my sinuses, especially the right one, have been very "stormy" so to speak. I've mentioned as part of my recovery from sinus issues after being in a sick building that my dentist did a 360 scan of my head which uncovered some structural issues with my right sinus. I will be seeing an ENT in September for diagnostics and treatment. Meanwhile, I've gone through a million tissues and decided to buy a nasal cleaning device. The canned saline mist I've been using isn't enough. If you have children/grandchildren, you might have used a nasal aspirator or a "boogie sucker" during infancy to clean out noses. What I ordered is a the adult version of a "boogie sucker" which is USB rechargeable, had good customer reviews plus a recommendation from Howie Mandel! We'll see how well it works when it arrives later today.
My thoughts and prayers are with those who are dealing with storm damage and cleanup. Do not forget that God is with us through all of life's storms.
Resources:
YouVersion - Scripture Image
Window Pic - my personal picture of a very weedy flower bed before I cleaned it.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be kind. Disrespectful comments will be removed.