Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Sinus Update - Unexpected finding but a Path Forward

After two months of waiting, I saw the ENT.  Let me step back a moment; I got a call on the Friday before my scheduled Tuesday appointment saying my appointment needed to be changed.  ACK!! I stayed calm and learned that my original appointment was with a nurse practitioner and my case is better suited for a medical doctor (MD). I ended up seeing the ENT MD a day earlier than the appointment that had been scheduled for two months.

The ENT came in and seemed rather abrasive and abrupt.  After after talking with him for a little bit, I learned that he was coming from a place of concern. The CBCT scan I had back in July showed a untreated sinus infection. He asked about the tooth.  I told him my dentist tested the tooth and I didn't react and I was told to see an ENT. I could see frustration on his face and it appears this has become common; a disconnect between the teeth and sinuses.  The doctor explained that I didn't react because the nerve of the tooth is dead.

The ENT performed a scope of my nose, both sides.  He had hoped to extract pus from the right sinus but could not; gross, I know.  I am on a 14-day course of antibiotics and I go for a CT scan in a couple weeks.  Given that my CBCT show a deviated septum and other structural issues, sinus surgery is still a possibility but something that will be decided and discussed after my CT scan.

I went to my 4 PM Crossfit class and I was able to update my friends.  The coach said once I'm through this, I'll want to run a marathon.  I told him "let's not get crazy, I just want to breathe well."

If you're new here, thanks for stopping by.  I have linked some of my related blog posts here if you want to catch up.  If you're a regular reader, thanks for being here.  I have not walked this journey alone; aside from friends and family, God has been with me and through Him all things are possible.




Where It All Started: When the Office Makes You Sick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. Disrespectful comments will be removed.

Sinus Update - Unexpected finding but a Path Forward

After two months of waiting, I saw the ENT.  Let me step back a moment; I got a call on the Friday before my scheduled Tuesday appointment s...